Reports: using a date range

bookme bookme at mailinator.com
Wed Jul 6 17:21:57 EDT 2011

I want to create a custom report to show information required for my monthly
payroll tax payment to the govt.  This would summarize transactions only
from the previous month for the following accounts :

liabilities:payroll (total taxes due)
liabilities:payroll:CCP due to govt
liabilities:payroll:EI due to govt
liabilities:payroll:Fed and Prov withholding tax due to govt
expenses:Wages paid

This seems like a fairly simple thing to do and it would be in Quicken.

However, if I start with the account summary, I get a nice layout and can
select the accounts that I want but I cannot specify a "from" date.  Only
the "to" date can be specified.

If I start with an income statement, I can specify the "from" and "to" date
range quite nicely, but I cannot select the liability accounts that I need
to see (only income and expense accounts are available) and the format kinda
sucks for the report that I want.

Any easy suggestions?

How hard would it be to modify the code of the account summary to add a
"from" date and get what I want? Help doing so?