Using GnuCash for Rental Properties

Russell Mercer rmercer206 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:08:28 EDT 2011

Rob,

I can't honestly say, as I do not use Schedule K-1 in my tax prep.  I also
use tax prep software, so it is a matter of punching in the numbers in the
correct areas.  That being said, as I mentioned before, I have structured my
accounts and expense accounts to easily recreate the numbers that I have to
enter related to rental real estate.  If you need expenses and other values
in a certain structure to provide you with end of year data, GnuCash is
flexible enough that you should be able to create the appropriate account
tree.
I would recommend sitting down with your tax documentation to figure out
what totals you need to be able to enter.  Also make sure to look through
both the help files and the concepts guide for GnuCash, as there are many
examples which, though not directly related, will give you a much better
understanding of how the software works.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I hope this helps.

Russell