Error installing 2.4.7 msg

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jul 8 07:50:26 EDT 2011

On woensdag 6 juli 2011, Steve Juniper wrote:
> Per your suggestion, I deleted\gnucash directory folder entirely (and
> even disconnected wireless keyboard and closed antivirus) and tried
> again. Same problem. I then found my backup of the original 2.4.3
> installation file and ran it. Same problem. This time I hit 'ignore'
> to see if that would get around the problem, but I had to do that many
> times and although the resultant icon appeared, GC would not run.
>
> The problem may be related to the fact that a couple of weeks ago I
> removed a couple of programs no longer used. Maybe doing so caused
> some kind of linked problem.
>
> I'm lost at this point. Thank you for trying to help me.

I'm afraid I don't have much additional advice here. I'm pretty sure the
problem is not with the GnuCash installer, but something on your system that
is interfering in an unexpected way.

My Windows experience is limited, so I'm not sure what you can do. My
(primitive) course of action would probably be to reinstall Windows (after
backing up all my data).

Sorry I can't do more to help.

Geert