mysql server has an error, broken or wrong data.

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Jul 10 02:03:09 EDT 2011

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:06:04 +0800
Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:

> On 07/09/2011 10:49 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Did you install the pgsql DBD driver?  On Fedora it would be called
> > something like libdbi-dbd-pgsql.  I don't know the Deb/Ub
> > equivalent name.
> Oh, you are right, the package libdbd-pgsql has been missing, and
> having that, 2.4.2 offers postgresql option on Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Now, as you are new to the package management system we'll tell you the
tricks.
when you install a deb package the package maintainer has provided a
series of hints.
There are a set of packages which are essential to operation. They are
installed when you install gnucash through the package manager.
Next there are a set of packages which are recommended for
installation. You can choose to have these or not. gnucash-docs are in
that set.
Then there are a set of packages which are suggested for installation.
The libraries which connect to the database options are in that set.
When I use synaptic and check the package, then right click on it I can
see these options.
If I install from the command line they will be listed in the terminal,
and you may have to scroll up to find them.

I'm pleased that you are underway with the database of your choice.