Can no longer save transactions!

Michael C. Smith michael.c.smith at alumni.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 10 20:51:59 EDT 2011

I'm having a problem with GnuCash 2.2.9 (built from r17949M on
2010-03-23) running on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (and up to date with patches).

Starting this afternoon, I can no longer save any new transactions.  I
can create them in the registers, click "save" (and have the "save"
progress bar work to completion), but when I go to quit GnuCash, I get a
warning dialog (with 3 buttons) that I should save my work before
exiting (or loose the transactions entered over the previous few
minutes).  When I click "save" in that dialog, it takes a few moments
and then I'm presented with a two button dialog giving me the choice of
saving or continuing (and loosing my transactions).  Saving takes a few
more moments before bringing be back to the two-button dialog.  The only
way to terminate the "loop" is to chose to loose the transactions.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike