Exchange rates question

paolo at palmerini.org paolo at palmerini.org
Tue Jul 12 18:35:56 EDT 2011

Dear list members,
I am not sure I have understood how exchange rates are managed within gnucash. Exchange rates are stored inside each transaction involving accounts with different currencies. That's fine. But then there is also the price db wich might contain different values. It is not clear to me which values are used by gnucash for reports. I would like any report (budget report, transaction reports) to use only the values i have entered in each transaction. Is this possible?

I may be missing, of this i am sure, some fundamental, basic yet simple concept.

Thanks in advance for any help
p.