problem: autocompletion of account names

Derrick Hudson dsh at dman13.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 17 15:58:48 EDT 2011

I think you're describing behavior I have experienced in gnucash for a long time with 2.2.9. In my experience the autocomplete doesn't work only when I type faster than gnucash can offer the completion. I can work around the issue by backspacing to clear the incorrect input and begin typing again being sure not to type a '.' before gnucash completes the current account name.

-Derrick

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash5 at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

A month ago, I reported a recently introduced autocompletion problem:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2011-June/040012.html

(Actually, the problem isn't limited to account names but to
autocompletion in general.)

Geert suggested that the following changes, effective from 2.4.6, should
fix the problem:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20689 (trunk)
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20697 (2.4)

I tried 2.4.6. The behaviour has changed but autocompletion is still
malfunctioning (in a different way):

Example:
account name: "Liabilities.Betting.Ladbrokes"

Type

L -> "iabilities.Betting.Ladbrokes" is highlighted
. -> ".Betting.Ladbrokes" is highlighted
(behaviour correct up to now)

B -> "B <cursor> etting.Ladbrokes"
(I think at this point "etting.Ladbrokes" should be highlighted)

. -> "Liabilities.B. <cursor> etting.Ladbrokes"

In version 2.2.6,
L . B . L
would have taken me to "Liabilities.Betting.Ladbrokes"

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz