Chart of Accounts Groupings

Bob Fletcher robert.h.fletcher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:08:42 EDT 2011

Sirs,

Please excuse this inquiry if it has been asked before, but searching the
archives does not work for me

I am treasurer of a small non-profit and must file the tax form 990-EZ.  I
have used Quicken in the past and am now looking for a convenient way to
combine different chart of accounts categories into the corresponding tax
form line items.

Currently, I print out the chart of accounts and manually sum up the various
amounts for each tax line item. For example, we may have several events,
each with printing costs, and I sum the different chart of account printing
cost numbers to obtain the Printing cost tax form line item.

Can Gnucash be configured to do this for me?  Please note that I do not
require that the items be transferable to the tax form. I would just like a
report with the combined categories that I could manually enter into the tax
form.

Thanks very much in advance.

RHF