Customer Balance report?

RoscoeT solutionforge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:26:04 EDT 2011

Derek Atkins wrote:

> RoscoeT <solutionforge at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I just started to use GNUCash and it's great. I'm a bookkeeping noob
>> however
>> so please bear with me.
>>
>> My business is a prepayment setup where customers pay in advance and I
>> invoice them as services are provided. It took me a while to setup
>> correctly
>> but I think I've got it right.
>>
>> Now, I would like a way to print balances for all my customers. Right now
>> can print a report for each but I would like a list of all customers and
>> their current account balance.
>>
>> Customers must pay in advance, so I need to be sure I am not accidentally
>> extending credit by checking a customer's balance before service.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to see balances for all customers?
>
> Is the Receivables Aging report not sufficient?
>
> -derek
>
> --

No it does not work because...
My business is a prepayment setup where customers pay in advance and I
invoice them as services are provided. I have no accounts payable. All
payments are a deposit for future services.

A "customer report" shows what I need. But I can only run it for one
customer at a time. I can make a custom report and add each user, but that
will get tedious as my customer base grows larger.
What I would like is a custom report that shows the balance for each
customer in a list. Like a customer summary list. It would probably be a
custom programing job. I can code but "Scheme" does not seem easy to me.