Restoring files

SaxonBok Trevor at SeymourRentals.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 10:36:32 EDT 2011

Hi. I need help. I'm a new user and I've screwed things up.
I had three data files, Rentals, Danex and Danex ltd.
Danex ltd was full of rubbish as I experimented with the program but the
other two had valid data.
I couldn't find how to delete Danex ltd so I 'exported' the two good files
and put the files on a memory stick.
I then removed Gnucash, put the data files in the rubbish bin and
reinstalled it.
That didn't work. It remembered the files but couldn't find them and asked
me to save current data which just created another data file. I restored the
files from the bin and got Danex (and Danex ltd) back but it stopped looking
for Rentals. I have all the files intact but can't get Gnucash to open the
Rentals data file.
Can anyone help me please?