OFX import troubles

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Wed Jul 27 15:33:28 EDT 2011

As part of my ongoing struggle importing OFX files for investment
accounts,  I recently had several transactions (sold a fund, a deposit,
and a dividend) that were in the OFX file, but didn't get imported and
they didn't show up in the import GUI

I have an account that has worked in the past and now gets rejected.
I get a GUI pop up which tells me to select the appropriate account...,
then I select an account and it tell me this nonsense:
'The chosen account "JntMuniMM" does not have the correct
currency/security "FIDELITY MUNICIPAL MONEY MARKET" (it has "FIDELITY
MUNICIPAL MONEY MARKET" instead). This account cannot be used. Do you
want to choose again?'

Some transaction in this OFX file did get imported.

In the gnucash.trace file there are several msgs that say:
... Unable to find account for id ...

Can someone shed some light on this?
Is there a verbose or debug option that will give me some more
information?