[MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 3 16:22:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade the operating system software on code.gnucash.org.
It's currently running a 2.5-year-old system (Fedora 10).  I'd like to
upgrade it to Fedora 15.  The upgrade will probably take the better part
of a day, considering I need to go through each step from 10-15, and
each upgrade will probably take an hour or two.  So I expect total time
offline to be around 5-10 hours, give or take.

During the maintenance period there will be no access to:
* Subversion
* Trac
* Wiki
* Email
* Email Archives

Access to www.gnucash.org will NOT be affected.

My plan would be to shut down the system and bring it up on a private
address during the upgrade process.  Then I'll revert over to the
regular address once it's upgraded and tested.

I plan to start the process around 0800 US/EDT (1200 UTC) on Tuesday,
June 6.  I hope to finish before 2200 US/EDT (0200 UTC).  Status updates
will be sent to the #gnucash IRC channel on irc.gimp.org

Developers: please let me know if this window does not work for you.

Assuming no objections I'll send out a follow-up email on Monday evening
as a reminder, and then another email once services have been restored.

Thanks,