account register

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jun 6 05:51:55 EDT 2011

On Monday 06 Jun 2011 08:25:18 mallikka kalaiselvan wrote:
> Hi...
>
> please guide me as of how to open an new accounts register, as I am unaware
> of accounts I need to enter all of our office accounts, at present I am
> entering it in an excel sheet.
>
> regards
> mallikka selvan

Hi,

The setup dialogue when you do File -> New File should help you get a basic
set of books going. (hint: select Business Accounts tick-box, and possibly UK
VAT accounts as a starting point)

The exact accounts that you need will depend on both your local laws (tax,
mostly) and individual circumstances.  You really need to consult a local
accountant for advice on your particular needs (if you can't figure it out
from the spreadsheet columns)

You can easily add/remove/rename/rearrange accounts at any time within GC,
though, if you find that the template doesn't quite fit your needs - the
online tutorial and concept guide should explain how to make those
adjustments.

HTH,
Maf.