Money files

Christoph Holtermann c.holtermann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 9 18:07:49 EDT 2011

Hello Edward Ingram !

>From what i read in the previous messages i would like to
explain some things about the way the communication is
structured around GnuCash :

A main place to ask questions are the mailing lists. There is

gnucash-user at gnucash.org
This list is for questions and talk about the way GnuCash can
be used. Developers and Users are reading this list and you'll
probably get a good answer here.

gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
This is the list where there's talk about the development of GnuCash.
The people who create the program talk here about how to further
evolve it, how to fix bugs and so on.

There are also lists in different languages. A list of all lists and a lot
more explanation can be found at the wiki:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

If something remains unclear, feel free to ask further questions to the list,
probably gnucash-user at gnucash.org would be the right place (except
you found something that's wrong with the program itself which could
be discussed at gnucash-devel at gnucash.org and posted as a bug report
at Bugzilla).

Your question and the answers may be useful for others that have the
same problem. All mails on the lists are archived, so they can be
searched.

regards,

Christoph Holtermann