Fedora 15's Gnucash

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jun 13 03:43:43 EDT 2011

On Monday 13 Jun 2011 07:52:56 Stuart MCGraw wrote:
> Hope I can get some advice...
>
> I have been happily using a gnucash-2.4.5 which I
> built on a fedora-11 machine for quite a while,
> saving to a postgresql database.
>
> I just upgraded the machine to Fedora 15 and
> installed a pre-built gnucash from the Fedora
> packages repository.
>
> But when I start it up and go to "Open...", I
> get a choice of only "File" or "MySQL".
> Is it possible it was built without Postgresql
> support?  How would I find out?

Hi Stuart,

Gnucash uses an extra "layer" of program to talk to the various DB backends.
If you see MySQL then that is a good thing, as GC has been compiled with DB
support turned on.

Can you check that you have installed the DBI-Postgress driver?
(is is called libdbi-driver-postgresql on my SuSE system, YMMV!)

HTH,
Maf.