Transfer account to another computer

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jun 14 16:55:39 EDT 2011

At Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:42:41 -0400 anafshalom at alumni.iu.edu wrote:

> I'm using gnucash and I want to transfer the account to another person's
> computer.  In the GnuCash folder there are oodles of files.  Is there a
> single file or a small number of files I can transfer to him which will
> open up in the same state as I last save it?

The files with names like <mumble>.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.log and
<mumble>.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.xac and log and backup files (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS
are digits representing a timestamp).  The (one?) file named '<mumble>'
is the GnuCash datafile.

There are also files in .gnucash that contain things like preferences
and your saved reports.  These are important, but don't need to be
transfered.