Oh dear, it turns out we don't get VAT back...

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 04:25:29 EDT 2011

On 15 June 2011 09:16, Keith A. Milner <maillist at superlative.org> wrote:
> The only thing you may wish to do is move the VAT account into a different
> location in your account tree (such as under Expenses) to make reporting
> easier.

I am guessing that the OP's problem is that he wants what is currently
allocated to the VAT account to be distributed to multiple expense
accounts.  So  at the moment he buys fuel, for example and has split
it to Expenses:fuel and VAT, and he has bought stationery and has
split it to Expenses:Stationery and VAT.  He now wants the entire bill
for each of to go just to the Expense accounts.

Colin