Transfer account to another computer

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jun 15 11:51:24 EDT 2011

On Wednesday 15 Jun 2011 15:15:45 you wrote:
> On windows I'm not sure what the equivalent is to $HOME.  I did a search
> of the entire windows directory and found no files with <mumble>
>
> Any ideas where to put these preference files from Linux so the Windows
> version will find them?
>
> Reuven

I don't know, sorry.  Don't have windows.  You could start GC on the new
windows box, and see what files/folders it creates and where, and then replace
those with the ones from your Linux box.

the <mumble> bit is shorthand for <whatever you call your data file>.  If you
know where that is, and take the version without the <timestamp.[xac|gnucash]>
that is all the actual transaction data.

If you don't know what/where your data file is, suggest that you run GC on
Ububtu, and save the data file to somewhere that you can find it!

Maf.