How to Delete Files in GnuCash

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:34:14 EDT 2011

On 19 June 2011 14:33, William Lowder <wml.rexton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to start with a clean system.  I used windows uninstall for the old
> version of GnuCash, downloaded the current version and tried to start
> GnuCash.  I got the message, file not found at start up, when I checked the
> new install there were several files listed from when I tried to use the
> previous version.  Selecting any of these files resulted in a message file
> not found.

I asked that you post the exact error message, which you have not, I
don't think, so I am still not sure what the problem is.  Is it just
that it is trying to open the previous accounts file that you saved
under the previous install?  If so then all you have to do is File >
New File to start a new set of accounts.

Please remember to 'Reply to All' when replying (your previous reply
went just to me).  For some reason the list is setup so that Reply
just goes to the poster and not back to the list.

Colin