Re: Wife´s credit card (in the same statement)

Fábio Santos de Lima fabiolimace at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:55:38 EDT 2011

In my accounts book I have an expenses account called Wife (Expenses:Wife)
for transactions on which I give her some money. But In your example with
additional credit card I'd do this:

To register HER expenses:
D Accounts Receivable
C Credit Card

To register HER payment:
D Credit Card
C Accounts Receivable

In by huble opinion I think that the business features can be used for
human. I use them to track my bills, including my credit card statlements. I
don't know if it is correct for accounting professionals.

I'm also from Brazil. I've considered a lot about giving my wife an
additional card, thou I still think that it's not a good idea for my case...
I prefer giving her a fixed amount of money monthly. That is wy I consider
the money I give her as an expense. Is that correct?

I'd appreciate more opinions.

--
Fábio Santos de Lima
Email: fabiolimace at gmail.com