OS X: GnuCash-2.4.6 "Find" not working from keyboard

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Fri Jun 24 21:28:12 EDT 2011

On 21/06/11 7:49 AM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2011, at 6:02 AM, Brendan Simon wrote:
>
>> I just installed 2.4.6 on OS X.  I can't seem to use the apple-F key to
>> invoke the Find dialog.
>>
>> It was working ok with 2.4.5.
>>
>> Is this a regression ??
>> Anyone else seeing the same problem ??
>>
>> NOTE: It does work if from the Edit menu -- but it's a pain to have to
>> use the mouse every time I want do a Find.
> Dang. None of the accelerators are working. Bug 653056[1] opened to track it.

Is there a fix/work-around for this yet ??

I presume the problem is likely to be configure/build/GTK issue, rather
than a bug in the GnuCash sources .... yes ??

..... and I'm hoping we can get a another build soon, with the
accelerators working (fingers crossed).

For now, I am reverting back to 2.4.5 (rev 20417 built 2011-04-05).

Cheers, Brendan.