Process payments

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Jun 27 18:23:17 EDT 2011

On Monday 27 Jun 2011 16:39:48 Keith Clark wrote:
> How would I process a payment on an invoice with another Account
> Receivable account?  My customer is paying an invoice with a debit card,
> which is another accounts receivable account.
>
> I try with the Business>Customer>Process payment, but it will not allow
> me to select another a/r account to pay it with.
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I have my card merchant account set up as a type Bank, IIRC. That lets me post
invoice payments there, then I transfer from there to the bank account when
the card company send the money through.  I hadn't thought of the card account
an an A/R, (just a plain old asset - I think because I don't have do do
anything to get the money (obviously, except physically processing the
cards!)), but I can see you logic in setting it up that way.

HTH,
Maf.