OFX Import problems

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 29 12:52:41 EDT 2011

I am trying to import transactions into a data file.  I am using Gnucash
2.4.6.  One issue is that one transaction of four dated June 1, 2011 is
missing from the register.  The transaction is definitely in the OFX
file, and the scheme that this bank uses for FITID's appears to be
generating unique numbers.  When I repeat the import, the missing
transaction still does not appear. Neither do any of the others, of
course.  If I create a new test data file, I can make the missing
transaction appear in an import to that file.

I suppose that I can manually create this missing transaction, but what
if several transactions failed to appear?  Is it possible that I
accidentally deleted this transaction or edited it into a different
account?  If I had, wouldn't it import in a second try?  In this case, I
cannot find it in the transfer account either.

My second problem is that the OFX importer is sometimes matching an
imported transaction to the wrong pre-existing transaction and not
allowing me to un-match it or match it to the correct transaction during
the import.  It used to let me do that, but not lately.

David