Account List Column Headings

Steven Nusser jaguar11735 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:42:05 EST 2011

Well, unless there's a better way to do what I do, then yes it's handy
to have a non-summarized column.

Here's my usage scenario:
I have a bunch of student loan accounts all under an 'Education Loans'
account. I have several loan servicers that each manage a few of the
loans together.  As such, each company only withdraws from my checking
account once.  When entering these transactions, I initially just
transfer these to the 'Education Loans' account until the loan
servicer has posted the exact billing info (how much of the payment
was applied to what specific loan, how much interest).  Once I have
this extra info (it can take a few days), I go back in to the
'Education Loans' account and add in the appropriate splits to the
transactions.  Once this is done, the 'Education Loans' account is
empty again.

Basically, I use the 'Education Loans' parent account as a queue for
transactions while I want for the rest of the transaction details.
Having the non-summarized column lets me know when I have transactions
in this account as it will have a balance other than $0.00.

My description was a bit long-winded, but hopefully it's clear enough.
--
Steven C. Nusser