Please, please provide a way to cancel quickfill on a per-transaction basis

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Sun Mar 6 15:10:00 EST 2011

> There is the option to leave the Description field blank until the
> rest of the transaction is filled in, then tab or arrow up back to
> fill in the Description.

That's almost as bad as simply deleting the splits!

What is needed is a simple (preferably a single keystroke) way of toggling autofil on each transaction.  So, you type in the description, you get the autofill.  Press a key (I'd suggest that ESC might be good, but let's not get too prescriptive at this point!) and the autofill data - ALL of it!! - disappears, leaving the transaction as if it has been freshly entered.  Press the key again, the full autofill data re-appears.

Colin