Is there a way to do a 'double' split transaction?

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Sun Mar 6 22:19:46 EST 2011

Hi,

Not very sure what you want to achieve but it sounds to me like this.
I'm not clear about those transport cards but I assume it's something
that you pay for and get refunded by your employer. So now I'm imagining
you have something like this, please correct if wrong:

Gross salary earned: $1000
deduct healthcare: $100
deduct taxes: $100
Net income for you: $800
refund transport card 1: $50
refund transport card 2: $50

For which you would get a $900 cheque ($800 for net salary; $100 for
transport); the below is a single split transaction:
income:salary		$1000
expense:healthcare 		$100
expense:tax			$100
bank:current			$900
assets:transport:card1	$50
assets:transport:card2	$50

Previously when you topped up those transport cards you would have a
transaction like:
bank:current		$50
assets:transport:card1		$50

Isn't that what you want to do?