Changing category of reconciled transction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 7 09:43:24 EST 2011

Hi,

Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:27:58 -0000
> Rich Stanton <richstanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I accidentally put the wrong category for a transaction, and
>> reconciled it. Now it seems that I cannot change the category -
>> clicking on the category doesn't bring up the list of categories, and
>> I cannot overtype it.  Is there a way to change the category of a
>> reconciled transaction?
>>

>> Thanks!
>
> Somewhere is a setting which you can change to allow this to happen.
> If you try to change a reconciled transaction there is a dialog box
> (yes / no) which stops you from rushing into it. It offers also "Don't
> ask me again this session" and "Don't ask me again"
> You have carefully chosen not to edit a reconciled transaction, decided
> that it is a bad idea, ticked "don't ask me again" and now you need to
> check through a pile of preference options to find it.
> I'm sure the next correspondent will know where.

Another option is to expand the transaction in Split-mode so you see the
individual splits, and then you might be able to change the other
account split directly.  Then hit the <enter> key to commit the change
directly.