London Stock Exchange Quotes

David W.M. Denholm David at pogus.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 16:39:50 EST 2011

Being relatively new to GnuCash, I would be grateful for advice from
someone who has done this before me.  I have the Finance::Quote module
installed and it seems to be working as it does get currency values and
works for the example AMZN and IBM shares.

I wish to retrieve prices in Pounds for Shares traded on the London
Stock Exchange.  (Let us take as an example Royal Dutch Shell 'A'
shares)

Can anyone advise me of the correct value to insert for:

Abbreviation - I believe this is RDSA (also I have added the ISIN)
(Would anyone recommend CUSIP or ISIN over the other?)

Type - (I don't know what to enter to get a share from London) ('LSE'
and 'LON' don't seem to work)

Quote Source Information - What should this be for London ('Trustnet'
doesn't help (It is not a unit Trust), nor does 'Yahoo Europe') - How
can I edit this?

What other settings would anyone recommend?

I was unable to find the Hackers Page for Finance::Quote hence my
request to the experts.

With thanks

David Denholm