How to get yearly account totals?

Steve Juniper stvjpr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:30:48 EST 2011

I need certain expense account totals for 2010. I go to Reports > Income &
Expense > Cash Flow and change the dates to last year. The totals this gives
me are not accurate. For example, Expenses:Rental gives me
Expenses:Rental:taxes but for some reason not Expenses:Rental:Utilities.
There are other omissions scattered about as well.

If I select only Expenses:Rental including only the sub-categories it get no
totals at all - only to me arcane book-keeping words.

There must be some simple way to meet this common need. Thank you!

Steve

     "People in a number of Arab countries want to create new constitutions
for themselves. They should just take ours - we're not using it."