GnuCash 2.4.3 (OS X) loads the wrong accounts file

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Sun Mar 13 01:09:27 EST 2011

On 13/03/11 3:11 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Brendan Simon wrote:
>
>> When I tried to open a new accounts file, the file chooser dialog
>> appears and I get to select my file.
>>
>> The problem is if I use click on the "Modified" column header to sort by
>> date, the filename I clicked on is NOT the filename the GC tries to load.
>>
>> e.g. clicked on myaccounts.gnucash and it chose myaccounts.pdf.
>>
>> Obviously GC will not understand how to load a different file type (pdf
>> in this case).
>>
>> If I do not sort, the the correct file is chosen and loaded by GC.
>>
>> Looks like a bug to me :(
> Yes, and in Gtk+. What version of OSX are you running?
I'm running on OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) Intel.  Not that the OS X
version should make any difference as I imagine the app bundle contains
all the gtk libraries etc (i.e. not using any libraries on the host
system).  I presume the PPC build/app would exhibit the same symptoms
(but I can't test that).

Cheers, Brendan.