Upcoming transactions for this month

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Mar 15 16:34:50 EDT 2011

On 15 March 2011 at 11:25, David Sumbler said:

> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 11:09 +0000, Jane Stowe wrote:
> > Fyi just outta curiousity I set up a scheduled tx for a monthly basis
> > starting 16th of the month & it plus the weekly tx that I've set up
> > previously are showing up correctly on version 2.2.9 ubuntu 10.10 (see
> > attached screenshot....wkly tx set for Fridays & mnthly one set for the
> > 16th)
>
> That's interesting.  I have no weekly transactions, so I just tried
> adding one to start from tomorrow, and - lo and behold! - March 2011
> suddenly appeared in the calendar.
>
> I then deleted the new transaction.  March remained on the screen, but
> after I closed the Scheduled Transactions window and then reopened it, the
> calendar began at April 2011 as before.
>
> I also run GnuCash 2.2.9 on Windows XP Pro, and the behaviour seems to be
> the same - so it appears definitely to be a bug in GnuCash 2.2.9 (and
> possibly other versions).

You'll enjoy the upgrade to 2.4.4 then. I can now confirm that 2.4.4 (on
Windows XP) behaves the same as 2.4.0 - "Upcoming" starts in Jan 2012,
and there's nothing I've found that will change this.

I have annual and weekly SXs, and everything in between (monthly,
quarterly, 4-weekly, ...). Most of mine are entered 30 days in advance,
though I doubt that that would make any material difference.