Reconciliation Reports

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:42:19 EDT 2011

On 3/16/2011 9:41 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Gregory Forster<fgreg74 at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> I have both Quicken 2002 and Peachtree Complete Accounting 2008 for
>> different entities. Neither is fully compatible with Windows 7.  Both
>> programs have reconciliation reports consisting of a Cleared
>> Withdrawals report, Cleared Deposit report, Uncleared Withdrawals
>> report, Uncleared Deposit report, register (GL) report, and a summary
>> reconciliation report showing the reconciliation from bank balance
>> adding in the uncleared transactions reconciling to the book balance.
>> I always printed out these reports and stapled them to each bank
>> statement, creating a "paper trail."
>>
>> Is there an ability that GNUcash can create those reports?  If so, how?
> Sorry, GnuCash does not have a "reconciliation report".
>
>> Greg
> -derek

I understand that GNUcash does not have the standard ability to create
reconciliation reports. BTW, it's plural, not singular - reportS, not
report.  I've already studied and tried.  However, I am understanding
that any report can be made. I've read on the GNUcash website that
customized reports, as these, are encouraged to be uploaded.  I realize
that GNUcash does nor presently have the ability to create
reconciliation reports. I'm trying to find out how you CAN create those
customized reports.

Gret