Install problem/solution version 2.4.4 Windows 7

Greg Bernstein gregb at grotto-networking.com
Sat Mar 19 13:14:22 EDT 2011

Hi I'm a long time GnuCash user and was to upgrade from 2.2.9 on Windows
7 (64 bit). I installed, uninstalled, and rebooted multiple times and
after successfully completing the install GnuCash would not run. It
turned out that Norton Security Suite was stopping and removing
gnucash.exe (but not necessarily saying anything till I looked at the
logs). No real explanation was given other than it was a relatively new
file from the internet. After telling Norton to restore the file and
take no further action, everything came up smoothly :-)

After looking at the documentation to figure out how to get the new
database backend feature working, discovered it under "File Save
As...".  No more long waits for file writes!  Thanks :-)

Greg B.