Networked printing

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 20 17:47:39 EDT 2011

  Networked printing

*Derek Atkins* warlord at MIT.EDU
<mailto:gnucash-user%40gnucash.org?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20Networked%20printing&In-Reply-To=%3Csjm1v2hpul0.fsf%40pgpdev.ihtfp.org%3E>
/Tue Mar 8 09:15:07 EST 2011/

>/ I've just started using gnucash. I'm on version 2.4.3 running on Windows 7
/>/ Pro with networked printer. I cannot seem to get anything to print. With a
/>/ report open and using the print button I get the print dialog that shows my
/>/ printer selected but when I go for a print nothing is printed. I think it
/>/ sends an empty file as the printer does a 'job complete warble'.
/>/
/>/ Other apps work fine. My work-around is to export the file as html and then
/>/ print that.
/>/
/>/ Am I missing something obvious? Any advice on printing directly would be
/>/ appreciated.
/>/
/>/ (BTY Great program!)
/
Are you sure you're not hitting the "Windows prints with extremely small
font" bug?

>/ Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
/>/ You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
/
-derek

I believe that I too have encountered the "Windows prints with extremely small
font" bug, but I cannot find any reference to it either here or in bugzilla.  Where can I find more information about it?
In my case it appeared that I was trying to print checks on paper approximately 8.5 mm by 11 mm.

David