Join registers in two accounts imported from OFX file

Eduardo Rodrigues de Oliveira eduardo.oliveirared at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:36:30 EDT 2011

Can you help me with the follow problem?

I have 2 bank accounts that I will call Account1 and Account2.

I usually do eletronic transfer from one account to the other.

In the accounts statements the same transfer appears with different
descriptions, for example, the Account1 statement shows "Transfer to other
account" while Account2 statement shows "TRANSFER RECEIVED".

I export OFX files for both accounts and import them in the GNUCASH.

When reconciling, I would like to join both transactions, signalizing that
the transfer "Transfer to other account" from Account1, matches the
"TRANSFER RECEIVED" from Account2, but don't know how to do this.

I tried to execute the transfer from Account1 to Account2, but when I did
it, the transaction duplicated in the Account2, instead of join the
co-relative register.

Is there a way to do this correctly preserving the registers imported from
the OFX file?

Thank you so much in advance!

Eduardo - Brazil