Advanced Portfolio Report And Dividends

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 00:32:01 EDT 2011

--- On Mon, 3/21/11, Jesse C <crimson.corelio at gmail.com> wrote:
> In v2.2.x of Gnucash, the Advanced
> Portfolio report would correct pull
> Dividend information from stock/mutual fund accounts and
> display them as
> Realized Gains and as part of the overall asset gain.
> Just upgrade to 2.4.4
> and it appears the report no longer does that.
> Quickly looking at the SVN
> source, it does not appear that much, if anything
> functional, changed in the
> report (though I confess that my scm knowledge is somewhat
> lacking).  Anyone
> have an ideas why the report is no longer functioning as it
> used to?

So, bear in mind I know little to nothing :)

My understanding, in 2.2.9 (and possibly prior) there was a bug that if you used an income account (in my case income:dividends) to buy a mutual fund (probably occurred with stock too) then it counted it as a realized gain, where it really wasn't (until such time as it's sold), however, if you transferred the income to a cash account first, and then used that to buy mutual funds (stock etc) it would correctly deal with it.

Sounds like someone fixed it, again this is my entirely uneducated, not-accountant, never had a lick of financial training in my life, opinion.

James