security deposits

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Wed Mar 30 08:51:17 EDT 2011

I don't know whether this fits into your business set up or not.  In our law
firm, we have to have a Trust account.  The trust account is for use with
client's money to pay for court fees, or any other type of cost related to
his/her case.  I set up a separate bank account under current assets, and in
the liability accounts, another was set up entitled "Trust Funds Owed",
because trust funds are not really the firm's money.  Deposits are posted to
the asset account and to the liability account, as are withdrawals.  Just an
idea....

Diann I. Hayes
Legal Assistant
Horne Law Firm, PLLC
2315 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.