Sharing and backing up gnucash files on several machines

Reese Ray mrmsudawgs at gmail.com
Fri May 6 08:12:00 EDT 2011

Curious...I also want to use Dropbox to share my Gnucash data between three
different machines:

1.  Windows 7 Laptop
2.  Windows Vista Desktop
3:  Ubuntu Desktop

I already have my data file in Dropbox which I can open with either system
but I'm concerned that the fact that I downloaded OFX files on my Windows 7
laptop may not be communicated to the Vista or Ubuntu machines because the
record of that download (which downloaded files from a certain date range)
is stored on the Windows 7 laptop.

How did you address this?  Is there a way to ensure overlapping downloads do
not occur?

Thanks!