Sharing and backing up gnucash files on several machines

Michael Miller mrmsudawgs at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:38:58 EDT 2011

In asking before trying it because of previous bad experiences with Quicken
which really had issues with this.  Quicken stored information on what had
been downloaded from the bank in a separate file so if you switched
computers and downloaded again, the same transactions would be  downloaded
to the register and I would have to fix each one.

I was going to just try it with Gnucash to see what would happen but I ran
into a problem.  I noticed that I had to setup the OFX download with each
machine...that information was not saved in the data file.  If that
information wasn't saved then I just assumed that records of which OFX
transactions had been downloaded were not saved within the data file either.

So...the data is saved and it is safe to try it?

Sent from my Droid