Customer Refund

Steve Croteau stevesdrumshop at comcast.net
Tue May 10 22:40:56 EDT 2011

Greetings;
I've been using GC in my small business for a few years now but have
never needed to offer a customer refund until today.  I just wish I
could figure out how to account for it.

I created a standard invoice for a customer that purchased some products
and at the same time she wanted a "lay away" option for a larger
purchase.  She purchased $33 worth of products (including sales tax) and
at the same time she put down $100 for the lay away leaving a balance
due.  A month goes by and she comes back in requesting a refund on the
$100 because he car broke down.  I wrote her a check and she's on her way.

I went back in to that invoice and deleted the line for the larger
purchase but now I've got a $100 credit balance on her account and I
have no idea how to clear that up so that A/R and my checking acct are
properly adjusted.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve