Using Split Transactions During OFX Download

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 19:02:21 EDT 2011

On May 12, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Michael Miller wrote:

> Is there a way to use Split Transactions while downloading the OFX file from
> the bank?  Presently, I have to use just one Account (Category) to get the
> download complete then go back and split the transactions.  I'd like to do
> the split during the download.
>
> Possible?

No. OFX has no concept of split transactions, and the gnucash importer hasn't enhanced that aspect of imports yet. If you have a transaction in gnucash already that's split among multiple accounts, the transaction matcher will appropriately connect the transaction in the OFX stream with the one already in the register. But you can't add additional splits during the import process.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net