Members Only

Joseph Smith jsmithlivermore at pacbell.net
Mon May 16 17:39:27 EDT 2011

I've either stepped of on the wrong foot, or the help request interface
is significantly deficient.

    * ** |<gnucash-user at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user at gnucash.org>>
      gets me this email form|
    * ** |<gnucash-devel at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>>
      gets me to an email form that appears to be appropriate should I
      volunteer to be a developer|
    * irc.gnome.org takes me to what appears to be an arcane download site.
    * The *|GnuCash|* web site <http://www.gnucash.org> link doesn't work

So, sent a question the the user address and got the response that I'll
need to wait for a moderator to adjudicate a non-member access to a
members only site.

I am attempting to use GnuCash and have some challenges in making it work.

I don't remember running across a "sign-up" button allowing me to
participate in discussions.

If I indeed took the wrong path please point me in the right direction.
If not, I submit updates in the help request tools are in order.  Please
implement at least a "Sign Up" function to allow folks to join rather
than getting the "members only" message.  I am sure the message is
intended to be sincere, I took it the wrong way and felt insulted --
particularly after enduring a frustrating series of crashes.

Sincerely.
Joseph A. Smith