Process Payment

Maris maris.rob at vdi.de
Tue May 17 03:41:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 09:07:51 +0200, Geert Janssens
<janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> There is currently no integration between the business functions and the
> import functions. That means there is also no way to link payments
> directly to
> a bill from the import screens or otherwise. The only way to create
> payments
> is via the Process Payment window.
>
> Geert

Thanks, Geert, for responding.

I think that implementing this anyway wouldn't be that simple. E.g.
through automatic assignment of payments to bills via reconciliation
(ticking of associated pairs in the A/P-account). This is true, because
payments via e.g. bank account, where an A/P account is assigned as target
do not appear into the reconciliation list, until they are marked as payed
via the payment dialog (chicken-egg problem).

I'd assign such a feature as a feature request, but not after having an
impression about possible realisation ideas through other people's
opinions. Note that the import function is not relevant in this respect,
since online-banking could also be a source of newly inserted records
where bill payments are present.

-Rob