Reducing File Size

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Tue May 17 09:02:32 EDT 2011

Doug,
Thanks for your response.  My mistake, I didn't mean a new "file", I
meant a new income account.  I also have an equity account called
retained earnings but I see that in a balance sheet report it is not
added to the total equity just like opening balance it not added.  This
seems like an error in the program but maybe there is a reason.  That is
why I used the income account  which then is reflected in equity under
retained earnings.
When I change a stock account to a bank account it generally causes an
imbalance which usually some form of income (dividends, capital gains)
so I have to see that the result makes sense.  I don't think I want to
change your script and have the risk of getting an unexpected result I
don't discover for months.
Mike