Tutorial and concept guide chapter 9

Md. Aminul Islam Khan aikhanlab at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:52:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Tom Collier <tom.collier at comcast.net>wrote:

>  Please don't take offense, (as large capital and boldface letters
> sometimes indicate.)
>
> Gnucash is a tool.  The Tutorial and Guide are an instruction manual.
> Bookkeeping and accounting are the knowledge of how to *apply* the tool.
> To use an analogy, Gnucash Tutorial and Concepts Guide is the instruction
> manual one how to set the dials, knobs, calibrations on the tool and how to
> read output from the dials and gauges. The Tutorial presupposes that the
> user has knowledge of how to *apply* the tool and sometimes that creates
> confusion. A torque-wrench is a tool. A torque-wrench's instruction manual
> can tell one on how to set the wrench onto bolts and read the tension output
> dial properly. However, if one uses the torque-wrench to drive a nail, one
> clearly misunderstands proper *application* of the tool.
>
> Your original question hinted that you might not be familiar with
> bookkeeping and accounting and the reasons for having and using certain
> accounts.  The principles of double-entry bookkeeping are rather global,
> although individual countries have some quirks about business accounting
> practices.  If you are not familiar with double entry bookkeeping, and the
> reasons that various accounts are applied in the task of tracking money,
> perhaps a chat with a local accountant would be useful.

Thanks a lot for spending so much of your time. Really I appreciate.
Problem is, my ignorance. Ignorance with ...
1. English: is my second language, so sometimes I may inadvertently use a
wrong word.
2. Netiquette: Now a days I am trying to learn it.
In my previous posts, I simply copied all the words from the " GnuCash Tutorial
and Concepts Guide" and pasted it in those posts (this time also doing the
same but now a bit more careful) and those contained the capital letters and
boldface which I overlooked before.
3. Accounting and Gnucash: Yes you are correct, still learning.

But !  something I have noticed now which I didn't before, that is,
unusually large fonts applied to the sentence     ' "GnuCash Tutorial and
Concepts Guide" so I asked here.'   Truly, I don't know how it went out that
way. Apology for that.

Thanks again and regards

aikhan