Past Due Bills

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Fri May 20 10:42:52 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011 um 03:45:22 schrieb Bill:
> Hello. I have bills which are several months past due. I want them in
> check register to remind me to pay them when I get the money.

This would be a really strange use of the checking register. You should put
them somewhere in liabilities.

The simplest way might be to use the business module:
Business->New Vendor ...
Business->New Bill ...

> That is, I
> want to keep them below the blue line, preserving the due date. If I
> have made myself clear, is there a way to do what I want.

Your reminder would be Reports->Business->Payable Aging
Check http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/guide/chapter_bus_ap.html for details.

Regards
Frank