Frequent Crash and inability to restart

Joseph Smith jsmithlivermore at pacbell.net
Wed May 25 15:03:24 EDT 2011

I'm brand new to the list, and really am not familiar with mail list
protocol.  Am hoping that clicking on " edodd at billiau.net
<mailto:gnucash-user%40gnucash.org?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20Frequent%20Crash%20and%20inability%20to%20restart&In-Reply-To=%3C20110517161948.115b73ee%40mum-quad%3E>"
is the appropriate path to continue the conversation.

If you have crashed out of the program you have left the lock file in
place. You can either delete this lock file if you are not using the
program OR just telling Gnucash to "open anyway".
Your data is not gone, just exists a few times.

The "Open Anyway" button gets the file loaded, followed by an immediate termination of the program.

I couldn't find a file with the work "lock" in it, but did find the one with the "lnk" extension.
Removing this one from the folder didn't help.

So welcome aboard, and can you give us details about how you have
managed to achieve the crash?
Operating system?Mac OS X 10.5.8
Version of Gnucash?GnuCash 2.4.5
What you have done which precipitates the crash?The immediate action was an attempt to push the space
bar, but I inadvertentlytouched one of the ones immediately adjacent to the right end of the space bar.
On my keyboard, those would be the Apple command key, the period, the comma, the "/" or the option key.

I don't see