Accounting software help

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 26 10:01:03 EDT 2011

Hi Dennis,

Please send all replies to the list. You can do so by using the "reply to all"
or "reply to list" functions of your mail client.

The GnuCash FAQ [1] explains about the xac and log files.

There should be one file that is named similarly, but without the timestamp in
the name. That should be your original data file. It may or may not have the
.xac extension. GnuCash 2.2.9 didn't enforce an extension.

I'm not sure I properly understand what you are trying to say with
> I can not open the xac files because for some
> strange reason it does not allow pick me to select GnuCash to open the
> file.
What I would do is this:
- Start GnuCash (it should be in your Applications folder)
- From within GnuCash, choose File->Open (or is it GnuCash->Open on OS X?)
- Navigate to your data file and open it.
Is this not working on your new computer ?

Geert

[1]
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_are_all_these_.gnucash_and_.log_files_filling_up_my_directory.3F