Problem with Boursorama

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 13:45:57 EDT 2011

It isn't a quote source problem, it's a Finance-Quote issue. I tried
writing a module for F-Q to handle funds. First I got a bizarre response
that they couldn't accept the copyright statement in the module. I had
copied an existing F-Q module, changed less than 10% of the code and
(rightfully, I think) left the original copyright info intact along with
a minor addition.

When I tried again, I got the response that they weren't particularly
interested in pursuing being able to handle fund quotes.

It is true that Yahoo keeps changing their quote system arbitrarily,
making it hard to keep F-Q modules current. And my observation is that
many funds don't want you to be able to get a quote easily for their
value. So, while I think upstream Finance-Quote is being less than
helpful, they aren't the only impediment to a stable source for fund quotes.

Dave