chron job with GC

lists at johnrakestraw.com lists at johnrakestraw.com
Wed Nov 2 15:03:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011, Dennis Powless wrote:
> Is there a way to click a button and have GC run a report, then print to
> PDF and email via gmail to my wife?

You might look into John Wiegley's Ledger program
(https://github.com/jwiegley/ledger/wiki). He's now working on version
3.0; you'd want version 2.6.x, which is likely available via your distro's
package manager system. Ledger 2.6.x can read Gnucash files, while version
3.0 can't (at least not yet).

Ledger generates all sorts of different reports. With a combination of
shell script and ledger, I'm doing exactly what you are trying to do
(i.e., emailing regular budget reports to my wife via cron job).

--
John Rakestraw